Monday, February 13, 2012

Simple Steps to Repair Your Desktop PC

It is very frustrating when my Desktop PC breaks down. I have a Dual Core 2 Quad with a 4GB DDR2 memory desktop which I am being using for about 2 years. It is a very good performance computer and fast too. When it first broke down, the Windows 7 was unable to boot; it simply hang there indefinitely. Then I got it fixed. One month later, it broke down again the second time; when I turned on the power, the LCD monitor didn't show anything - just a blank screen - again I managed to get it fixed by myself.

I am not a computer technician but I wanted to try fixing the desktop instead of sending it to the computer shop for repair; which wanted to charge me - US$200 to repair, when I called up to tell them the problems. In the course of repairing my Desktop PC; I have learned that it is actually not a difficult thing to do. You have to be patient and diagnose the problem that leads to its breakdown; then go to a computer vendor store and buy the parts. Remove the faulty part and put in the good one - that's about it.

Learning to repair your own PC will save you money too. In this instance, I probably save about US$300 or more - as it broke down on 2 occasions. If you are interested in learning how I repair my own Desktop PC; just follow the link below to 2 of my blogs -


Desktop PC Unable To Boot or Start Up Windows

Desktop PC Do Not Have Screen Display on LCD Monitor